My husband and I recently got a coffee pot as a gift, but it didn’t quite fit the decor we wanted so we headed over to Kohl’s with the $40 credit, a 30% off sale price coupon to find a new coffee pot. My right hand is quite deformed now from rheumatoid arthritis and I could barely pick up the pot each morning, so we knew a fancier, heavier pot was not the solution. We ended up with the Hamilton Beach 48465 Brewstation Summit Ultra 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker and it retails on Amazon for about $60.
I love it! Here are a few things to consider:
- it’s not a cappuccino maker & you don’t use individual coffee flavors like some of them. This is basically just a regular coffee pot, but the coffee goes into a pot/container inside the machine, not a pot outside.
- it doesn’t come with travel mugs as some other versions or brand names do.
- you can set the pot to make the coffee a certain temperature. Now when I dump my sugar free cream in from the fridge the coffee stays hot.
- no heavy pots to lift!
- I do have some mugs that have a wide rim and these aren’t able to line up right with the push button and spout so coffee spills. If I want to use one of these mugs, I do have to get the coffee out in another container or something first. I’ve learned to live with it, but this could have been made better. (update: in the next version they DID make this easier!)
- You can pull out the entire container of coffee, so if you had a lot of people you could serve it this way which would be faster, or transfer it to a carafe.
- My husband says it cleans easily (I love that he cleans it for me)
I recommend this, especially if you have any hand issues with lifting coffee pots!