Can there really be comforting in suffering? Scripture tells us yes!
How I love this scripture, Psalm 119:50. “My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.” Whenever I sign my books this is the scripture you will find below my name. It just covers so much ground to me.
- There is comfort in suffering
- God acknowledges and knows of my suffering
- I can choose to find comfort in that suffering
- God’s promises (all of them!) are what preserve my life
- My body (and all of its weaknesses) do not preserve my life
- It is God alone and the promises He gives me that refresh me, preserve me, keep me going.
I hope you will share my joy over this precious scripture and make it one of your favorites too. I know it seems hard to feel like God gives comfort in suffering, but He promises to do so, and I have felt the comfort before, so I know He will give it again.
This free printable is 300 dpi resolution (which means it will look good, not all blurry, when you print it out.) It is optimized for a 5×7 frame or can be printed smaller too. Click here or on the image below. Then right click on your mouse and choose “save as” and save it to your computer. You can then open the .jpg in nearly any program, such as importing as a picture into Word. It was designed by Lisa Copen. Please feel free to share it on Facebook, Pinterest.com or wherever you believe it could be an encouragement to someone! If you would like to share it on Facebook you can find it at MyHopeQuotes.com
You can find other free printables on our web site under “More>Free Printables”. We have more coming soon!