We just saw this posted on Facebook & although we were aware of Christian’s group beginning we had no idea just what she was planning! Pleeease don’t feel as though you must attempt to live up to what this “Super Woman” is doing, but it is a list of some fabulous ideas (Prayers at Panera!) And the next time your church says they just can’t commit to starting a HopeKeepers group or a potluck seems like so much trouble, print this out to show the pastor an example of a church that has some passion!
LOCAL CHURCH HOSTING ACTIVITIES DURING NATIONAL INVISIBLE CHRONIC ILLNESS AWARENESS WEEK
SEPTEMBER 14 – SEPTEMBER 20, 2009
Wesley United Methodist Church, located at 503 N. High Street in Morgantown, WV, will be hosting numerous events during National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week (September 14-20, 2009). These events are open to anyone in the community who is seeking support in a Christian environment to cope with the effects of living with chronic illness, chronic pain, or disability. If you have questions, please contact Christina Werdebaugh, HopeKeepers® Group Leader, at (304) 692-9199 or Wesley United Methodist Church at (304) 292-9485.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
• SEPTEMBER 13, 2009 –Christina Werdebaugh, HopeKeepers® Group Leader, will speak briefly at both the 8:30 & 11:00 services about the upcoming weeks’ activities, & will be available after both services in the Lecture Room to answer any questions you may have. Please check the Sunday Bulletin for updates & more information about the HopeKeepers® Small Group/Bible Study as well the events planned here at Wesley, & in the community, in recognition & to raise awareness of National Invisible Awareness Week.
• SEPTEMBER 14, 2009 at 7:00 pm, is the first meeting of HopeKeepers® at Wesley! We will meet in the Lecture Room at the Church. Our first night together will begin with a special gift of music, followed by a time of fellowship to get to know one another & enjoy some light refreshments. Then, we will begin with Chapter One of our first Bible Study together entitled, “When Chronic Illness Enters Your Life” by Lisa J. Copen. This particular study discusses topics such as “Where Is God When It Hurts?” & “Lord, I Just Don’t Underst&!”
• On Tuesday, SEPTEMBER 15, 2009 at 7:00 pm, Wesley will host a Prayer, Healing & Anointing Service for our HopeKeepers® Group Members & all others who desire to attend! We are extending a special invitation to the other HopeKeepers® Group in our local area, as well as the family members & caregivers of those suffering from chronic illness/chronic pain, or disability. We welcome everyone who wishes to attend this service to receive support & prayer for themselves or on behalf of another. Rev. Michael Atkinson will lead this special service which will be centered around the greatest healing of all, the reunion or reconciliation of a human being with God. Although physical healing does often occur, this worship experience provides an atmosphere in which mental & emotional balance is often restored, spiritual health is enhanced & relationships are healed. The purpose of this worship experience is to renew & strengthen one’s relationship with the living God. This service will also be filled with music during our times of prayer & outreach to those in need. Our souls, hearts & minds will be comforted by the musical offerings of Stan Farr & Joe Andria, members of our congregation, in addition to the soothing sounds of a local harpist, Katie Zucker, & a trio, Andrew & Elizabeth Wotring-Nelson & Rebecca Speakman. We are thankful to all of these musicians who come forth to share their gift of music before the Lord in support of those suffering from chronic illness/chronic pain & invisible or visible disabilities.
• On Wednesday, SEPTEMBER 16, 2009, at 6:00 pm, Wesley will host a “potluck supper” at the church for our new HopeKeepers® members & their families & caregivers, as well as all HopeKeepers® Groups (& their families & caregivers) in the area. All members of our congregation & the community who wish to come & support this important ministry & outreach are welcome to attend this opportunity to share in fellowship with those needed our prayers & encouragement!
• Thursday, SEPTEMBER 17, 2009, at 7:00 pm, will be an opportunity for our new small group to meet the other local chapter of HopeKeepers® at the Morgantown Church of God located on Mississippi Street. It will be a great opportunity to fellowship with the other Hopekeepers® Group in our area.
• Friday, SEPTEMBER 18, 2009 12:30pm – 2:00 pm at the VIP Room at Panera in Morgantown, WV Wesley HopeKeepers® will host “Prayers at Panera”. We plan to meet during the day on Friday to provide an opportunity for those who may not have been able to attend some of the weeknight events due to scheduling conflicts, etc. This is also open to anyone who did attend the other events & would like to join us to enjoy some additional prayer & fellowship time as part of the HopeKeepers® Group at Wesley. Morgantown Church of God’s Chapter of HopeKeepers® is also invited to join us for “Prayers at Panera.”
• On Sunday, SEPTEMBER 20, 2009, Christina Werdebaugh, HopeKeepers® Group Leader at Wesley, will participate in the both the 8:30 & 11:00 services to offer her perspective on perseverance & keeping faith in God despite living with chronic illness/chronic pain or disability, & how we, as a church, can reach out to those suffering from chronic illness/chronic pain, invisible or visible disabilities. A punch & cake reception in honor of HopeKeepers® & II Week will be held following the 11:00 service, hosted by Christina Werdebaugh.
Contact: Christina Werdebaugh, HopeKeepers® Group Leader
(304) 692-9199 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Wesley United Methodist Church
503 N. High Street Morgantown, WV 26505
Additional information can also be found at www.invisibleillness.com