I received this email from Emmanuel Faith Community Church and thought it simply wonderful.
If your church has an outreach ministry to people at thanksgiving, let them know that there are many chronically ill people too who would love fellowship and/or food.
I always say. . . remember that the Bible tells us not to “announce it in the next bulletin” or to say “call us if you need anything” but “Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame,”‘ (Luke 14:21).
Thank you, Emmanuel Faith Community Church, for reminding of this!
Dear Chronic Illness Support Group Members:
Each Thanksgiving since 2003, the Married and Company Sunday School class at Emmanuel Faith Community Church love to provide a limited number of complete Thanksgiving Dinners that they purchase from Major Market to persons in our support group who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Persons who have limited energy or severe pain, for whom cooking a special meal would be nearly impossible.
- Persons who are alone and have no one to share a meal with, or live with just one other person and have no place to go for Thanksgiving.
- Persons who are experiencing financial challenges and who would find purchasing a Thanksgiving Dinner with all the trimmings a hardship.
- Persons who feel they would be blessed by a visit and a meal from another family due to loneliness, isolation, and/or depression.
These meals can be delivered on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday during Thanksgiving week. Please give me the following information when you contact me if you feel you qualify on even one of the criteria. Please contact (name removed) as soon as possible with:
1. your name,
2. the number of meals you need,
3. your address,
4. your phone number,
5. your email address,
6. the day and time frame you would prefer the meal to be delivered.
Blessings to you.