As a warrior we not only fight the pain in our body, but the enemy who threatens to destroy us through surrendering to the pain. Shelly shares.
“No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength” (Psalm 33:16).
I’ve seen that word used to describe people like us. People like me.
It always makes me want to stick my thumbs in my ears, waggle my fingers, and go, “pppppfffffftttttt!”
In order for me to fit this description, you have to change the definition.
I’m a warrior if:
- the fetal position is a new fighting stance.
- words now weigh less than 2 pounds.
- tears are the new sweat.
- virtual armies strike fear in the hearts of the enemy–since most of my friends are online.
But seriously. . . I am a warrior, if:
- you count prayer. The time I log on my knees (symbolically, of course) is a powerful weapon, and the Spirit ensures that I wield it well (Romans 8:26).
- I put on my armor each day, preparing for whatever battle comes my way (Ephesians 6:10-18).
- I lean on Jesus for all strength and power (Exodus 14:14).
- I never surrender (2 Corinthians 4:16).
We are mighty in Him, truly we are. So fight on today, dear ones. I’m praying for you and joining you in battle.
Prayer: Dear God, bless each soul who reads this with the peace that comes from knowing You. Strengthen them as they enter the fray. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
About the author:
Shelly Hendricks is a wife and mother of 2 amazing kids. She was a teacher and a librarian in another life. She also suffers from Intracranial Hypertension and Essential Tremor, among a myriad of other issues mostly stemming from these two. She had brain surgery in 2012, to install a VP Shunt, and had a revision in January of this year. She now considers herself to be a ‘bionic woman’ who is learning to walk again. Disability has been hard to deal with, but she depends on God for all strength and hopes to encourage others on this journey, through her blog at http://reneweddaily.com
In what ways do you not feel worthy of the title “Warrior”? In what ways do you recognize that you are a warrior?
Shelly wants to share this video with you–the song “Battle” by Chris August. the lyrics share how we are in a war with the enemy but God will prevail. we must lean in Him fully. When you arise in the morning, don’t forget to out your armor on for the battle! Every warrior knows the value of his armor. -Lisa