But can you really offer encouragement & comfort with Twitter?
The Internet Evangelism Day web site has an article called Using Twitter for Evangelism.
The attraction of Twitter (to those who have space in their lives for yet more electronic messages) is its brief immediacy & apparent intimacy. People share their moment by moment emotions in a raw way that they would probably not do in the more thoughtful environment of a normal blog. ‘Tweets’ are more like talking than writing. And of course, every tweet is available online for the whole world to read, should it so wish.
How do you use Twitter to encourage people or share your faith? Do you specifically reach out to the patient community? If so, you may be interested in a group RM founder started called Illness Twitters.
Some ways Rest Ministries founder uses Twitter include:
- Share encouraging scriptures & poems
- Share links to articles online or videos, etc.
- Correspond briefly with people
- See what other people are Tweeting about & RT when she wants to pass it on
- Tweet when devotionals are posted or articles on the Rest Ministries web site
- Tweet when blog carnivals are up
Share with us how you use it!