As part of our summer series we are sharing how to gain perspective on who we are, despite how our body may feel.
In this video, artist Bethany Dillon sings “Beautiful.”
We all have things that may make us feel like we cannot even be beautiful– and it doesn’t just have to do with our body. It can be our circumstances, how we are treated; our true beauty can even be hidden under the makeup or the life we try to show the outside world. Our physical pain of our illness can make us feel ugly inside and bitter–and that can make it impossible for us to be beautiful, no matter how our body may shine.
This is a great video about how we are always beautiful to God and sometimes we need to be reminded. . . who you are is enough–just as you are.
Bethany’s song has lyrics that speak of how we grow weary of putting the makeup and the “mask” on and at the end of the video you will see just how transforming recognizing God’s love for us can be.
Take a deep breath. Remember where true beauty originates. Psalm 27:4 says, “One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple.”
When you gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and worship the source of beauty, God will shine through you.
View all posts in this series
- 4 Struggles A Chronically Ill Woman Has About Her Body Image - July 11, 2013
- Self-Esteem and Chronic Illness: Where Does Faith Come In? - July 17, 2013
- Do You Want to Be Beautiful? Video Reminder - July 18, 2013
- Are We Stylin’ Even Though We Are Ill? - July 19, 2013
- Am I Vain if I Am Stressed Out About My Appearance From Illness? - July 23, 2013
- Are You Able to Laugh at Your Own Body Image? - July 25, 2013
- Songs to Remind You That You are Beautiful! - July 29, 2013